Use the Open Connect Partner Portal to monitor the status of the appliances in your environment. The Partner Portal home page shows you a high level status for your Open Connect environment. Drill down into more details for a site, then drill down further to individual appliance details.
For more conceptual information about the portal, see the following related articles:
In this article:
- Getting access to the Partner Portal
- Viewing high level status for your organization
- Viewing metrics
- Viewing reports
- Viewing information and status for an embedded site
- Viewing information and status for an individual appliance
- Questions or feedback?
Getting access to the Partner Portal
Contacts in your organization who are specified in an OCA deployment site survey are invited to the Partner Portal as part of the deployment process. To get access to the portal outside of the deployment process, you can also request access from an Admin user in your org. For more information, see: I am new to a partner organization, how do I get portal access?
Viewing high level status for your organization
The Partner Portal home page shows you high level view of embedded sites and OCAs or PNI in your organization.
Note: The Partner Portal may look different, depending on the nature of your partnership with Netflix. If you have deployed embedded OCAs, information about your embedded sites and appliances is shown. If you have PNI established with Netflix, PNI information is shown.
All of the sites and OCAs in your organization are shown on the main dashboard home page, along with capacity / utilization metrics, OCA high level state information (Live vs. Offline), and more.
If you have PNI established with Netflix, similar metrics for PNI are also shown.
- Click on a metric to filter the view or navigate to more information
- Use the Search field to navigate to an OCA using the appliance name or IP address.
- Download appliance information to a CSV file for offline analysis and reporting.
From the top level menu, you can navigate to additional tasks. The menu actions that are available are also customized to your partnership, so some of them may not be visible.
- Expand the Inbox menu to see a summary of any actions requested from your organization, including operational issue alerts, incomplete forms, open tickets, and emails that were sent to your organization
- View and download global Metrics
- View Reports
- Perform User Management tasks
- Open the Route Explorer or other Routes tooling
- View and schedule upcoming maintenance windows for your OCAs
- View an Audit Log of changes made by users in your organization
Click Metrics > Graphs to explore metrics over time. Metrics are divided up into several general categories - for example, Network or Received Routes. We are always adding and refining the metrics that are displayed.
Metric data is retained for one week. Historical metric data (beyond one week) is also available to give an overview and show general trends - however, there might be some gaps in the historical data.
You can use the controls on the page to change the time frame for the graphs, to toggle the type of graph that is displayed, or to perform other actions such as refreshing the data.
- If you are exploring metrics for multiple appliances within a site, it can be useful to switch from a line graph to a stack graph.
- You can export a chart to an image file or download it as a CSV file so that you can send metric information to someone on your team who does not have access to the Partner Portal, or to compare data from week to week.
Click Metrics > Reports to view static reports about your organization and your traffic patterns. Select a report and specify other available options. As with our Metrics, we will continue to add to the list of available reports.
Viewing information and status for an embedded site
From the list of Embedded Sites on the home page, you can expand a site to see information about the OCAs that are hosted in the site, or you can click on a site name to drill down into more details for the site itself.
On the site details page, you will see a map of the site location and a list of Open issues, scoped to the site.
From this page, you can use the Maintenance tab to disable your live OCAs in advance before you disconnect or power them down. You can also manage users who should be associated with a site and create and view tickets for the site.
Viewing information and status for an individual appliance
From a site details page or from the home page, click on an OCA name to drill down into more details for the appliance.
The top of the appliance details page shows appliance information, serving status and various other status flags. For example, you can see whether an OCA is filling (downloading content updates), or in the process of a firmware upgrade.
The Overview diagram provides identifying details such as IP address and cluster, along with current throughput, port status, and PSU status.
The Open Issues panel shows active issues that have been flagged by our monitoring system.
The traffic chart on this page allows you to visualize the inbound and outbound traffic to the appliance in the last 24 hours. On this chart you will typically see a large peak of outbound traffic during peak streaming hours, and some amount of inbound traffic centered mostly around the configured fill window.
Hover over the status flags, controls, and icons on the widget to learn more about them or to reveal additional details.
Viewing information and status for PNI interfaces
From the list of PNI Interfaces on the home page, you can expand a site to see information about the peering sessions in the site.
Questions or feedback?
If you have any questions or feedback about the portal, open a ticket.