Use the Route Explorer section of the Open Connect Partner Portal to monitor the state of the BGP sessions and announcements that you have configured between your routers and the Netflix Open Connect Appliances that are embedded in your network.
Note: You can view and explore BGP route announcements to your OCAs in the portal, however you manage them on your router.
For more details on how BGP announcements are used, see the Network Configuration article about appliance routing and steering via BGP.
On the Route Explorer page, you have a view of the prefixes that are announced to your embedded OCAs.
- Open Routes > Route Explorer tab from the main menu.
- Select sites, then select the appliances that you want to analyze.
- To filter the results so that only inconsistent announcements are returned, select the Inconsistent option.
- Click Show to display the results. You can then export the results to a CSV file for further analysis.
The Route Explorer allows you to perform troubleshooting actions such as:
- Determining when your route announcements are not consistent for all OCAs in a site
- Sorting the results by prefix to find more specific announcements across more than one embedded site
- Figuring out your resiliency announcements. Each site has a color, and all appliances that hear a route are displayed in a label that uses the site color from the selection panel so you can determine:
- Same prefix using different MED on two separate sites, one for main, the other for backup
- Same prefix using different AS Path Length (prepending) on two separate sites
Note: To troubleshoot route announcements across both embedded and peering sites, use the Route Optimizer tool.