Use Zendesk and the Partner Portal user interface to create and manage support tickets for the Open Connect team. You can open general support tickets, or tickets that are associated with a particular site or Open Connect Appliance (OCA).
When you open a support ticket in the Partner Portal, the Netflix Open Connect team is notified. You can use support tickets to report an issue with an OCA or a site, or you can open a general inquiry. Support tickets are resolved by either the Open Connect CDN Operations team or your Partner Engagement Manager (PEM).
You can open the following types of support tickets:
- Question: Open a technical or general inquiry about your Open Connect environment or portal metrics.
- Problem or Request: Report a problem or request action from the Open Connect team.
- Maintenance notification: Notify the Open Connect team about upcoming maintenance that you are planning to perform on one of your OCAs.
Creating a new support ticket
If you are in the Zendesk help center, open a ticket by clicking the "Submit a Request" button at the top. You might need to log in to the help center to see the link.
If you are in the Partner Portal, you can open tickets from either the appliance widget for an individual appliance or from the main Tickets page.
To open a ticket from the appliance widget in the status board, first click the "eye" icon to expand the widget.
In the expanded view, click Create Ticket . Using this method, the site and appliance information is pre-selected for you.
To open a ticket from the main Tickets page, click My Open Connect Network > Tickets, then click Create Ticket.
Managing existing support tickets
On the main Tickets page you can explore all of the tickets that have been previously opened for your organization. From here, you can link to the Zendesk ticket management view, where you can edit open tickets or re-open closed tickets.
From the Zendesk site, you can also see a list of your tickets by selecting "My Activities" from the login menu.
Viewing a count of open support tickets
You can see a count of open support tickets in the Partner Portal from one of two places:
- From the left navigation, the number of open support tickets for your entire organization is displayed.
- On the appliance status widget for an individual appliance, the number of open support tickets for that appliance is displayed.