You can modify the BGP session configuration for an OCA in the Partner Portal. You manage BGP route announcements on your router.
For more details on how BGP announcements are used, see the information about appliance routing and steering via BGP on the Open Connect website.
- Modifying the configuration of an already-established BGP session can result in traffic changes. Because your BGP session configuration is critical to the operational success of your Open Connect Appliances, be extremely careful when making any changes.
- It can take up to 20 minutes for BGP session changes to be applied to the appliance.
Before you start
Before you modify the BGP session for an OCA, you should drain the appliance of any streaming sessions. For more information, see this related article: Draining and disabling appliances.
Viewing and Configuring BGP Sessions
To modify a BGP session:
- Navigate to the details page for the OCA that you want to modify.
- Click the BGP Configuration tab.
- In the diagram that appears, make changes as needed.
- Some of the settings (for example, the OCA's IP addresses) are not editable via the diagram. These settings can only be modified via the appliance console. If you need to modify settings that are not editable via the diagram, follow the instructions in this article: Connecting to the console on an OCA
- The configuration diagram contains help text that explains the settings and their implications. As you make changes in the form, the diagram changes dynamically to help you visualize the configuration.
- When you are done making changes, click Submit.
After the changes are applied to the OCA in approximately 20 minutes, you will see them reflected in the portal.
- When you are ready, re-enable the OCA to serve traffic.