For more information about network configuration for an Open Connect Appliance (OCA), see the Open Connect website:
Before you start
Important: An updated IP address on an Open Connect Appliance will only take effect after a reboot.
Before you power down an OCA, you should drain the appliance of any streaming sessions. For more information, see this related article: Draining and disabling appliances. This step ensures that there is no traffic being served by the appliance.
Updating the IP address
- Follow the steps in this article: Connect to the console on the appliance.
- Using the up/down arrows and the 'Enter' key on your keyboard, choose the “reip (edit current config)” command option.
- Follow the steps on the screen to modify the IP address (or other settings as needed), then click OK.
- Choose the “reboot” command option and click OK.
- After the system reboots, log in again and choose the “ifconfig –a” command option.
- Verify that the IP address for “lagg0” is correct.
- Exit the console and disconnect the keyboard and monitor from the appliance.
Note: IP changes can take up to 20 minutes to be reflected in the Partner Portal.
If your IP changes require any changes to the BGP session that was previously established with the appliance (for example, if you now need to change the Multi-Hop setting or the BGP Peer IP), you can modify the BGP session for the appliance by following the instructions in this related article: Managing BGP sessions
When the appliance is re-enabled after the "Drained" period has ended, it will resume serving traffic.