There are two methods you can use to check the optical strength on an OCA:
Using the Partner Portal to check optical strength
- From the main Sites and Appliances page, navigate to the appliance that you want to check.
- On the appliance details page, open the Metrics tab.
- Select the Light Levels chart. The chart indicates thresholds for light levels that are questionable (degraded) or broken (out of range).
- If the values are out of range, follow the steps in the article: Troubleshooting input errors or low light levels on an OCA, then re-check the levels.
Using the console to check optical strength
- Connect to the console on the appliance.
- Using the up/down arrows and the 'Enter/Return' key on your keyboard, choose the 'Optical strength readings' command option.
- View the list of of signal strengths for each interface:
Interface names are mapped as follows:
Optical signal strengths should be in the following range:
Optical Receive Power: 0 dBm to -10.0 dBm
- If the values are out of range, follow the steps in the article: Troubleshooting input errors or low light levels on an OCA.
- To refresh the values, press the 'Enter/Return' key to exit, then repeat steps 2-3.