You can use the Partner Portal to check for interface input errors on an OCA.
Using the Partner Portal to check for input errors
- From the main Sites and Appliances page, navigate to the appliance that you want to check.
- On the appliance details page, open the Metrics tab.
- Select the Input Errors chart. The chart shows a count of input errors for each network interface.
- If you see input errors, follow the steps in the next section, then re-check the Input Errors chart.
- If the values remain out of range, open a ticket - or update your existing ticket if there is one - so that we can take additional steps to fix the problem.
Steps to take if there are errors
- Clean the fibers and verify the path between the OCA(s) and your router.
- If the errors are isolated to a single interface, our Operations team may ask you to swap the fiber cable of a known good interface with the fiber cable of the interface with errors, as shown in the diagrams below. This step will help us troubleshoot whether the issue is with the fiber cable or the interface itself.