This article provides a list of new, enhanced, and changed features since the re-release of the Open Connect Partner Portal in June 2018.
- Partner Portal user authentication has been enhanced to enable portal users with more limited permission levels. This feature can be used to invite read-only contacts to the portal, so that they can view the information in the portal but cannot make changes to OCAs or do user management tasks. For more detailed information see the related article.
- On the Overview tab for each OCA, there is a new link to the spec sheet (if available) for that version of OCA. Most OCAs have spec sheets available but some earlier versions do not.
- Email notices for partner-initiated OCA or site maintenance are now only sent out to portal users with the "NOC" role. Previously, all portal users were receiving these notifications.
- The Sites tab at the organization level has been updated for better usability. In the new grid:
- View information about all appliances in your organization at a glance, without needing to drill down to individual sites.
- Use the new search field to quickly filter the list by name, IP address, or contact name.
- Download the site and appliance information in the grid to a CSV file for offline reporting.
- There is a new Reports tab at the organization level. This tab contains a new report showing two views of the breakdown of your Netflix traffic: Embedded / Directly Connected / Other. Use these views to help identify suboptimal routing of your Netflix traffic. On the Reports tab, select Traffic by AS Path and select a date. You will see two charts:
- A detailed breakdown showing daily traffic grouped by source, including AS Path
- A long term view of the overall traffic breakdown
- The left menu bar has been removed to allow more space on the screen for the display of information and charts. All menu items are now available at the top of the application. For more details including screen caps, see the Getting Started article.
- The BGP session configuration diagram has been enhanced so that you can now create and configure a new IPv6 BGP session. Previously, you could only edit an existing session. For more details on how to enable IPv6, see this article.
- NEW: There is a new Metrics tab at the Appliance details level. This tab contains three new or enhanced metrics:
- A longer-range historical version of the 24H throughput chart
- Interface input errors
- Interface light levels (optical strength)
- NEW: There is a new control on all of the Metrics pages that allows you to switch between UTC and local time zones.
- Ticketing updates:
- When you are creating a ticket, the ticket dialog automatically provides links to any relevant Zendesk articles in the Partner Portal help center. This feature alerts you to written instructions that might help solve your issue.
- There is a new badge on the main Tickets menu icon that indicates the number of open tickets for your organization.
June 19, 2018
Partner Portal is re-released.
We rebuilt the Partner Portal application from top to bottom with these main goals:
- More intuitive self-service, with the ability to determine at a glance which sites and appliances require your attention
- Better performance for large organizations
- Better usability, with simpler navigation and quicker access to available actions on sites or appliances (for example, disabling for maintenance)
All of the useful features of the old portal still exist in the new format, such as access to org/site/appliance metrics and integrated Zendesk ticketing.
The new portal is at the same URL: https://my.oc.netflix.com
Use your existing user ID and password to access the new portal.
For more information about how to use the new portal, see the Getting Started articles in our Zendesk help center.