You can use the console on an OCA to check the optical signal strength for each interface.
Checking optical strength
- Connect to the console on the appliance.
- Using the up/down arrows and the 'Enter/Return' key on your keyboard, choose the 'Optical strength readings' command option.
- View the list of of signal strengths for each interface:
Interface names are mapped as follows:
Optical signal strengths should be in the following ranges:
10GBase-SR Optics: -1.2 dBm (700 mW) to -9.9 dBm (102 mW)
10GBase-LR Optics: +0.5 dBm (1.1 W) to -9.9 dBm (102 mW)
- If values are out of range, clean the fibers and verify the path between the OCA and your router.
To avoid impacting the subscriber experience, please drain traffic from the OCA 1-2 hours prior to this maintenance, following these instructions.
- To refresh the values, press the 'Enter/Return' key to exit, then repeat steps 2-3.