Use the BGP Explorer section of the Open Connect Partner Portal to monitor the state of the BGP sessions and announcements that you have configured between your routers and the Netflix Open Connect Appliances in your network.
Note: You can view and explore BGP route announcements to your OCAs in the portal, however you manage them on your router.
For more details on how BGP announcements are used, see the deployment guide section on appliance routing and steering via BGP.
On the BGP Explorer page, you have a view of the prefixes that are announced to your embedded OCAs.
- Open the BGP Explorer from the main left menu in the Partner Portal.
- Select sites or manifest clusters in your organization, then select the appliances in those groups that you want to analyze.
- Add optional additional filtering criteria in the Query field, then click Show to display the results.
The BGP Explorer allows you to perform troubleshooting actions such as:
- Sort the results by prefix to find more specific announcements
- Perform point checks on specific prefixes by using the Query box
- Export the results to a CSV file for further offline analysis
- Figure out your resiliency announcements. Each site has a color, and all appliances that hear a route are displayed in a label that uses the site color from the selection panel so you can determine:
- Same prefix using different MED on two separate sites, one for main, the other for backup
- Same prefix using different AS Path Length (prepending) on two separate sites